Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Luster Premium White Wrap Up

All right!  Yesterday was my 12th treatment of Luster Premium White "Distinctly White" and what do I really think?  It's a pretty good whitening system!  It's easy to use, although I struggled with holding a mouthful of saliva that collected as I applied the gel and then waited for 30 secs before allowing gums/lips/tongue to come into contact with it.  Even after the 30 secs, I would spit out the initial saliva, but then be hesitant to swallow any new amounts for a few mins, as I kept thinking "Don't swallow...fluoride...poisonous."  There IS no fluoride in it, but what can I say.  But hey, that's a lot of personal take on my saliva, along with a revelation of an idiosyncrasy, so let's move on.

The taste of both steps is pretty mildly minty.  Maybe they could consider different flavors to spice things up.  How about some spicy cinnamon, or fruity strawberry?  "No, Julie, we made it minty because that's what we decided, and you don't work here."

The big question is how much did it really whiten my chicklets?  If I had some excellent picture-taking skills, you'd be able to see for yourself.  I am happy with the changes.  They are many shades lighter, and it would be nice to have some sort of color strip to match against so I could be more accurate.  Are they as white as my trim around my doors and windows,  no, but they certainly aren't as yellow as my delicious cup of joe, extra light, 2 small scoops of stevia, either.  Which reminds me of an important point to consider.  When I was a young prepubescent, the dentist commented on my nice yellowish teeth, saying that it was great to have hard teeth like mine because the whiter they were, they softer they would be.  I guess I can't expect Luster Premium White to whiten them brighter than what God Almighty blessed me with from the beginning.

                                                                      (after 12th)


My personal question now is how long will it last.  I'll have to keep an eye on it, and get back to you.  I have plenty of materials left to go another round of 12, and I may start it just for kicks.

Don't be surprised if, one day, as you pull up to a red light and look to your right, there's a crazy woman baring her smile (in all of its glory) for you to admire.  Be sure to wave politely and smile back, so I can see if this review inspired you to try this new product, too!  :-)

#GotItFree at BzzAgent.com

For those who are curious, here are the ingredients from Luster's website http://www.lusterpremiumwhite.com/shop-distinctly-white/:
ACCELERATOR MOUTH RINSE: Water, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Bicarbonate, Alcohol Denat., Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Sucralose, Benzalkonium Chloride, Sodium Carbonate, FD&C Blue No. 1;

SUPER WHITENER GEL: Alcohol, Methyl Hydrogenated Rosinate, Urea Peroxide, Zinc Oxide, Hydroxypropylcellulose, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Menthol, Sucralose