Thursday, July 3, 2014

Dr. Scholl’s® DreamWalk™ High Heel Insoles

I scored a nice pair of Dr. Scholl’s® DreamWalk™ High Heel Insoles for free, which is so appreciated (thank you BzzAgent)! 

I had this notion in my head that they might be a pain to cut to size, like other inserts I've tried, so I admit to procrastinating just a bit before getting down to business.  After all, my typical sandals were spot-on for comfort, so it wasn't a big rush.


Once I finally opened the package, I was so very happy to see that there is absolutely no trimming required!  They are already sized to fit right in my heels, so I proceeded to peel off the clingy backside of each insole and grabbed my fav pair of sandals with big heels.  I applied them as directed (very simple), tacky side down (not ooey gooey sticky, which means no residue).   They are also still visible along the inner sides of the feet due to the way the instructions tell you to place them.  I don't think this is a big problem, though.



I wore my sandals around the home for a couple of hours, but honestly, they changed the fit of my shoe enough that it made my baby toe keep rubbing on a strap, so I had to take them off.  No biggie, as they are repositionable, so I simply removed them, grabbed a pair of standard heels and reset them.


Then I walked around my home/home office for the rest of the day, except this time, I only put the insole in one shoe so I could evaluate exactly how much difference they were making.  I will say that when you first stand on them, the arch support feels too rigid, at least on my mostly flat-feet.  It does mush down a little after you've worn them a while.  Again, it did change the fit of my heel, but this time, in a good way because it eliminated the extra room at the heel area where the shoe would be prone to slip a bit along my Achilles tendon area. 

Overall, I didn't really notice a lot of difference between the two feet, as far as comfort and support.  I did, however, like having an insole in my shoe so that my bare feet did not stick to the inner material.  If you are wearing nylons, then this is a non-issue.   I would like them better if there were more padding in the ball of the foot area, as that's where all the pressure goes when wearing heels.